Friday, September 4, 2009

Off to our "First Day" of School!


It was a beautiful day as we got up and nervously got ready for our "First Day" of school. We made sure we got up early, had a good breakfast provided by our "Mama Flora" and had all our books.
Now if you didn't know, it has been quite some time since we had our original "First Day" of school. So, long ago that I don't rememember my 1st one. Oh, I will sure remember the 2nd one. It's just not right to be in your 40's and going back to school, is it?
We have provided a picture taken of the two of us by our Mama Flora. Don't we look so cute with our backpacks and all?
We did survive and have been going back and forth the rest of the week. You know, as the story goes we do walk up hill both ways..... Such a deal, the only thing good is that we won't have to walk in the snow. Maybe inches and inches of rain but never snow. ns

3 comments:

  1. You guys are looking good. Has anyone asked what that funny looking bird is on your backpack :-)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two are awesome. It was my dream to become fluent in Spanish, but after 7 years of Spanish I was only a beginner. I think the key is to be in the country and to speak it every day. I know you guys are working hard and your brains may hurt at times, but keep with it. Knowing the language will be so worth it. We are praying for you. Love, Annise

    ReplyDelete