Part of the land that the home owns is a big ravine. Part of the hill that goes into this ravine borders the neighbors and they have used it for a garbage dump. On Saturday Norman rounded up most of the teen-age boys and went and tackled the garbage on the hill. They raked it all up and then burned all the garbage. The boys really got into this project. They even got up early Monday morning to finish up before breakfast! I don't know how he did it, but Norman got those boys motivated! Chocolate covered bananas on Saturday and pancakes on Monday may have helped. Food is usually a good motivator for teenage boys! :-)
Below is a picture of our unwanted house guest we found in our room the other night. Of course it was right near the head of the bed on the side I (Vickie) sleeps on and Norman was out of the room at the moment. I knew he was coming right back so I kept my eye on it until he returned to take care of the situation. Fortunately, it didn't move or I would have had to taken action and that was the last thing I wanted to do!
And believe me, it was as big as it looks in comparison to the knot on the curtain. We were both glad that he was discovered before he decided to share our bed with us!
One more random thing. Wednesday's are our days off and the kids are supposed to respect that and not come visit on that day. Well, little 2-1/2 year old Luisito hasn't quite figured out how to obey that rule yet and he comes over quite often. We usually give him a hug, chat with him a bit and then send him on his way. This past Wednesday Norman and I were sitting in our living room talking and in came Luisito. I pulled him on my lap and we continued our conversation. Five minutes later he was sound asleep. Below is a picture of Norman taking him to his bed. I can so relate, I fall asleep when I sit still too long too!
No comments:
Post a Comment