Thursday, June 3, 2010

Lasagna and Pudding

A couple weeks ago, Bennie, one of the kids in the home, out of the blue asked me if I liked lasagna and if I could make lasagna. I answered yes and asked him if he liked lasagna. He answered yes and then a minute later asked me if lasagna was like cake. I said noooo. And he said, oh is it like pizza. And I said yes. Then curious, I asked him if he had ever had lasagna. He said no but he wanted to. I then asked him how he knew about lasagna and he said from Garfield the cat. Well, of course! :-)

There is a lady named Erna from Houston Texas serving for a year here in Guatemala. She goes around to different ministries and cooks for them. She has been coming to the Home of Life once a week and cooking lunch for all the kids and staff. I passed on the lasagna story and she made lasagna for them today. They were so excited to eat what Garfield eats! And it was delicious!

Samuel with the leftover lasagna (I couldn't find Bennie when I took the picture):

She also made chocolate pudding for dessert. It is common to see pureed black beans on the breakfast table here and it looks just like chocolate pudding. We have had young short term mission team members think they have been blessed with chocolate pudding for breakfast and pile it thick on their plate. They were in for a big surprise when they took a bite! Well, today the roles were reversed. Some of the younger kids thought the chocolate pudding was beans and were surprised when they dipped their tortillas in it and took a bite! Personally, I would rather find chocolate pudding instead of beans than find beans instead of chocolate pudding!

No comments:

Post a Comment