This is what a Costa Rican taxi looks like:

I learned that she lives near by. She didn't offer to pick me up every day but I knew if she saw me she would pick me up. Our paths are only the same for about the first 5 minutes of my 15 to 20 minute walk. I know walking is good for me and it gets me moving in the morning, but a break every once in awhile sure is nice. So I prayed that God would have our paths cross whenever I needed a break. The following week, the morning after my mom's surgery, I was really late because Norman and I had spent some time praying for my mom before I left. I prayed that Ana, the teacher, would be late that morning too. I was less than a block from my turn off the main road and my chance for her to pick me up, when a car pulls up next to me with a honk. It was her. I just smiled to myself and prayed a prayer of thanks. She told me she was VERY late as I quickly climbed into the car. I apologized to her and told her it was my fault because God was answering my prayer. We made it to school on time!
She has picked me up 2 times this week. I have learned that if I leave just a few minutes later I have a better chance of crossing paths with her. :) My rides with her and her 9ish some year old daughter and 6ish some year old son have consisted of prayer and then loudly listening to their favorite song about Bartemaus in the bible, sang in spanish with a very latino beat, accompanied by their young voices and a spanish trill interjected here and there by her cute son! It is great and makes me smile! What a great way to start the day! It makes me think of the cars that we would drive by every once in awhile in Omaha with latino music blaring. Now I am one of the people in that car. However, it isn't as rare here. :)
Praise the Lord for smiles and pleasures in the little things such as a ride to school and little spanish voices singing along to latino music!
No comments:
Post a Comment