Tuesday, October 20, 2009

He's Got the Whole World In His Hands!


We have a small world story we would like to share with you. We have been thinking about posting this for a long time but are just now getting around to it. In the house we are staying at they have another extra room that they rent out at times also. About two weeks after we arrived here in Costa Rica our host mom, Flora, told us that the ministry Christ for the City (which is based out of Omaha) called and asked if she could house a young man for a little while. Flora asked them where this young man was from and they said Omaha NE. We were amazed and very curious who this person was. He was to come the next day.
That night I (Vickie) was visiting with a friend and previous coworker from Omaha and told her the story. And she said, "Is it Jimmy?" Jimmy is a young man that worked with her and me for several years about 5 years ago. I had heard he was coming to Costa Rica but I thought he was with a different ministry and I thought he had come to Costa Rica several weeks ago.
So the next day we were anxious to see who our new housemate was. When we got home from school Flora told us that he was here and he would be right out to meet us. And sure enough, it was Jimmy, who now goes by James. I hadn't seen him for awhile and the last time I saw him he had hair down to his shoulders so I wasn't sure at first but then I saw the flicker of recognition in his eyes and knew it was him. We couldn't believe it. God is amazing! It has been a blessing for all of us to have him here. We have enjoyed his company and together we wade through the language as we visit with our host family in spanish.

1 comment:

  1. Just caught up on your blog...LOVED the pics of the animals & your visit with Vickie's sisters and that is awesome that James (Jimmy) is there with you all...it was great to catch up with what you all are experiencing (loved the pic of you two walking on the beach and hearing around your movie night). It's snowing here today! I just drank some hot tea (English style with milk & sugar) & we're going to make some hot chocolate soon, but I am not a fan of coffee either--at least you tried it (when in Costa Rico)! Praying for your studies!

    ReplyDelete